Course Code: RC-15
Revit MEP Mechanical
To take full advantage of Building Information Modeling, the Autodesk Revit Fundamentals for MEP course has been designed to teach the concepts and principles of creating 3D parametric models of MEP system from engineering design through construction documentation.
This course is intended to introduce users to the software’s user interface and the basic HVAC and piping/plumbing components that make the Autodesk Revit software a powerful and flexible engineering modeling tool. The course will also familiarize users with the tools required to create, document, and print the parametric model. The examples and practices are designed to take the users through the basics of a full MEP project from linking in an architectural model to construction documents.
The topics in this Autodesk Revit MEP training course include:
1. Working with the Autodesk Revit software’s basic viewing, drawing, and editing commands.
2. Inserting and connecting MEP components and using the System Browser.
3. Working with linked Revit files and CAD files.
4. Creating spaces and zones so that you can analyze heating and cooling loads.
5. Creating HVAC networks with air terminals, mechanical equipment, ducts, and pipes.
6. Creating plumbing networks with plumbing fixtures and pipes.
7. Creating HVAC and plumbing systems with automatic duct and piping layouts.
8. Testing duct and piping systems.
9. Creating and annotating construction documents.
10. Adding tags and creating schedules.
11. Detailing in the Autodesk Revit software.
This course introduces the fundamental skills you need to learn the Autodesk Revit MEP software. It is highly recommended that you have experience and knowledge in MEP engineering and its terminology.