Course Code: EC-3
- Theoretical chapters.
- Study cases.
- Problems discussion.
- Photos from projects for correct and wrong working.
- Needed software, codes and standards with good using.
- Home works.
- Notes Gathering.
- Utilization and development of previous knowledge.
- Work in pairs.
Under, Fresh and old graduated mechanical engineers aim to get a job or own his/her job in consulting or contractor fields.
Load calculations, Using Software, Unit selection, Duct Design, Pipe Design, Air terminal Design, HVAC Accessories Design, installation on AutoCAD, Tables and details.
- Water Supply:
Pipes selection and calculations, pumps calculations, water supply systems, hot water supply systems, underground water tanks, overhead water tanks, fittings.
Pipes selections and calculations, Plumbing systems, cesspools and local line, rain water collection.
- Swimming Pools:
Swimming pools classifications, Mechanical parameters, schematic diagram, pumps, heating.
- Fire Fighting:
Systems, pipes, sprinklers software, pumps.
- Solar Systems:
Systems, pumps, pipes.
- BOQ and Drawings.
- FIDIC knowledge, Design drawings, Shop Drawings, As built Drawings.
By the end of this course trainees will be able to:
- Making necessary manual and software calculations for HVAC systems.
- Select suitable HVAC units.
- Design ducts, pipes and air terminals using software and catalogues.
- Design and select many different HVAC accessories like dampers, fans,Pumps, etc.
- Make necessary calculations for building air balancing.
- Design Plumbing, cold and hot water for projects using codes and standards.
- Design Swimming pools and Solar systems.
- Design Fire Fighting Systems using codes, standards and Software.
- Make all designations on AutoCAD.
- Establish Bill of quantities for any project.
- Make Coordination with Electrical, Civil and Architectural sections and partners.
- Reading any mechanical drawings.
- Know the engineer responsibilities weather he/she represents contractor, consultant or designer.
- Understand the engineering cycle and know the role for each stakeholder.
- Prepare full bill of quantities (both architecture and civil), and learn the way to calculate the quantity for each item.
- Be familiar with tenders, major points about bidding analysis and know important rules.
- Take a look on Jordanian FIDIC.
- Certificate of attendance: trainer should attend at least 80% of the course.
- Certificate of Completion : at the end of this course there will be an exam where the trainer has to prepare all the plans for a given project, bill of quantity, pricing, Steps of ratification design and implementation report, its duration and quality. Its certified from the Academy and the Center of Accreditation and Quality Assurance, Ministry of Labor.
- Recommendation certificate: based on the trainer deigns in exam he/she will be marked & ranked according to his/her design of project , BOQ of project ,the duration and mechanism of implement the project ,…,etc. The recommendation also contains the trainee information, his behavior in the class, attendance, site report, trainer report and management report.